Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ethics in Policing

I love how the Ferguson Report was released today- coinciding with a visit from our chief of police! I just made that connection. I bet Dr. Reg planned that....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/ferguson-justice-report-shocking/

The jokes on the city's email system really got me. Those emails are public! The statement about Obama not lasting long because no Black man holds a job for 4 years" ? Are you kidding me? I am guilty like everyone else of using my work email for personal purposes and vice versa, but to use emails that the public is paying for to promote personal beliefs that are 1- incorrect, 2- abusive in nature, and 3- perpetrating myths about a specific population seems highly unethical.

What do y'all think?

1 comment:

Nicole Shimabuku said...

Omg! Dr. Reg totally planned that! I'm not sure what emails you are referring to but I think it is so wrong!